Call for Applications (Grants, Awards)
- The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is inviting nominations for her EDCTP 2018 Prize. Categories are scientific leadership, outstanding female researcher, outstanding research teams, and the Dr Pascoal Mocumbi Prize. Deadline is the 28. February 2018.
- TWAS is inviting nominations for one of its nine prizes for researchers from developing countries. Deadline is the 15.3.
- The Africa Oxford Initiative calls for applications for its postdoctoral Visiting Fellow Programme. Deadline: 11.3.
- If you are from South Africa (the only African country) you can apply for the Newton Mobility Grants to build research partnerships with UK colleagues. Deadline 14.3.
Conference call for papers and announcements
- The European Association for the Study of Science and Technology his holding her annual conference in Lancester, UK, from 25th-28th July 2018.
- Science policy researchers, analysts and makers are meeting in Paris from 6. to 8. June for the European Forum for Studies of Policies for Research and Innovation (EU-SPRI) 2018
- An index ranks African countries in their mass treatment coverage of the five NTDs
- An African Academy of Sciences (AAS) study calls for the reform of national STI policies
- Not exactly an article (but I place it here because it is a call for agriculture): The German Research Foundation (DFG) has initiated a trilateral call for research projects with its partners in Zambia and Mosambique. An interesting model of multilateral funding and implementation
- Sam Otieno (Nairobi) looks at the opportunities to publish and diseminate scientific results through the platform AlphaGalileo
- Nature is discussing how decolonisation can reshape South African’s science landscape and what role female researchers have in such process
- The EU-AU project CAAST Net+ has facilitated the publication of ‘Africa-Europe Research and Innovation cooperation‘. The book is available online for free. (I have marked this publication for a book-review. Stay tuned)