- GCRF Africa Catalyst: Capacity building of professional engineering institutes. Deadline: 23.10.2017
- Global Health Research Units. Deadline: 20.10.2017
- The Alexander-von-Humboldt foundation invites invitations for fellowships on climate chance science from young researchers. Deadline: 1.3.2018
- The African Institute for Mathematical Science (AIMS) invites female post-docs to apply for fellowships on climate change science. Deadline: 27.10.2017
- Johnson & Johnson award WiSTEM2D Scholar Award: 3 year positions to female assistant professors working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D). Deadline: 31.10.2017
- Make gender a regular dimension of scientific research in African countries for the benefit of improved development and more adequate research results argues Munyaradzi Makoni.
- An ambitious off-grid solar energy startup based in Nairobi, Kenya has developed and is installing its own, low-cost, locally made BIPV solar PV roof tiles and energy storage systems in the East African country.
- Is Chinese education another avenue to success in Africa countries?
- A new two-year initiative launched by the African Academy of Science to foster science journalism capacity.
- Is the ‘African rising’ narrative substantial? Not at all claims Patrick Bond by looking at recent investment priorities.
- Interview with IPCC vice president Youba Sokona on how to integrate young researchers from African countries in research partnerships.